Good skin comes from great habits. Beauty might be skin-deep, but healthy and glowing skin keeps you happy and confident. One needs to be careful while taking care of their skin. When it comes to skincare, there are so many do’s, don’ts, ifs, and buts. There are so many routines, products, tips and blogs that claim how their ways are different and would help you better. It is confusing to choose one routine for yourself and selecting the right product is not easy. You may have a different regime but a common essential that contributes to all is skin toner. Skin toner benefits are countless, not to mention adding a skin toner can be extremely refreshing and give your skin the pampering it deserves. Many skin toner users claim that it feels like using a bouquet of flowers for your skin.
Even if you do finalize a routine for yourself, chances are slim that it works in your favour. You need to know your skin type to begin your routine. Most women think they know their skin type. Slight dullness in the face and they label it as dry. Sweating profusely and they will call their skin oily. It does not work that way. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and will react according to seasons and situations. Skin type almost remains the same all year, but sometimes it does change due to extreme weather conditions, which is completely natural. Following are the most common skin types-
- Oily Skin is the result of excess sebum production by the sebaceous glands in the skin. Sebum usually helps in keeping the skin hydrated due to its greasy, waxy texture, excess sebum results in clogged pores and acne. As the name suggests, the skin remains oily most of the time. Oily skin should choose an alcohol-free toner that also exfoliates gently. This helps to get rid of dead surface cells resulting in clearer skin. Examples would be amino fruit acids or glycolic acid added to the toner.
- Dry Skin is thoroughly dreaded. The skin becomes super dull. There is constant itching, scaling and cracking in the skin. The skin also appears flaky. People with dry skin should opt for a hydrating face toner for moisture absorption.
- Sensitive Skin gets irritated quickly. This skin type reacts to products and surrounding that it is usually not accustomed to. Sudden rashes, redness, and inflammation on the skin are signs of sensitive skin. Sensitive skin type should go for a face toner that is free of alcohol, harsh chemicals, and botanicals.
- Combination Skin is the blend of two skin types- oily and dry skin. If your forehead, nose, and chin (T-zone) gets too oily and cheeks remain dry, you have combination skin.
- Normal Skin is what we are aiming at. Healthy balanced skin with basic, minimal, natural skin problems. Normal and combination skin types can go for any face toner as long as it is alcohol-free.
- Which toner is best for oily skin and open pores? The best toners for oily skin would be the ones that are first, alcohol-free, and water-based. This will help minimize pores while creating a protecting layer to seal healthy pH balance and hydration levels.
- Do sensitive Skin need toners? Skin toners are essential for all skin types. Best toners for sensitive skin should not contain alcohol as they could cause inflammation and redness. Instead, it should contain natural extracts to keep the solution as gentle as possible.
- What is the best natural toner for dry skin? Toners are essentially significant for dry skin as ageing accelerates due to dehydrated, dull skin. Best
- How do I choose toner for my face? It is important to know your skin type before choosing a face toner. Regardless of the skin type, you must go for alcohol-free face toners.
- What is the best skin toner for dark spots? Asian skin is vulnerable to dark spots and pigmentation. The best face toner for pigmentation and dark spots would be that regulates the production of melanin.
- Best toners for Indian/Asian Skins Asian people mostly reside in temperate zones and that means normal to oily skin is the most commonly found skin type. They should go for a toner that beats the heat and soothes irritated skin. The best toner for Indian skin would have to be the one that is enriched with cooling agents like basil and cucumber.
Incorporating best face toners to your regime is bound to give you amazing results. This is however, possible only when you choose a skin toner based on your skin type. You should choose cosmetics and routines that suit your skin type.