After a long day, the last thing you feel like doing is taking stubborn eye makeup off. When it comes to removing eye makeup, tugging and scrubbing at this delicate area cause damage. You could also be inviting wrinkles and fine lines to develop, and risk losing your eyelashes if you are too harsh with your eye makeup removal. You need to use the best eye makeup remover and follow a gentle yet effective procedure for your sensitive eyes.
The correct way to remove eye makeup
Before you even start cleansing your face:
1. Start by saturating a cotton pad in oil or your eye makeup remover. If this product is oil or creamy, soak the cotton pad in water first.
2. Now place this cotton pad right over your eye and leave it there for a minimum of 20-30 seconds. You can also leave it on longer if you have waterproof mascara on or if you can be patient enough. The longer you leave it on, the more eye makeup it will be able to dissolve.
3. Now swipe your cotton pad gently down your eyelid and start by removing a major part of your makeup. Then start by making circles in the counterclockwise direction of your eyebrow's direction to wipe makeup off gently.
4. If you need to remove more eye makeup, repeat the process.
5. Once most of the eye makeup has been removed, dip a fresh cotton pad slightly in water and go back to the 3rd step.
6. Now take a cotton swab and dip it in water. With this cotton swab, wipe gently around your eyes and get rid of any excess makeup.
Best eye makeup remover
Here are some of the best eye makeup removers available in the market and how you should use them
Oil-based eye makeup removers are extremely effective in getting rid of stubborn liners and waterproof mascara. Oil can easily break down any pigment that is clinging to your skin, to make sure that it comes out easily without the need for any harsh scrubbing.
When you need to remove some light eye makeup, such as a plain line with liquid eyeliner, you should opt for cleansing water. Its non-greasy composition is specifically great for people who are prone to breakouts or who have sensitive eyes.
If you need to remove very thick eyeliner or some heavy eye shadow, opt for using a dual-phase eye makeup remover. It contains two portions, oil, and water. The oil portion can easily cut through any powdered pigment present in your makeup while the second antioxidant-rich water portion can instantly soothe the sensitive and delicate skin present around your eye.
For those lazy times after a long and exhausting day, when you just want to get into bed, you need to use wipes to clean your face and get rid of your eye makeup. Make sure to check if your wipes are alcohol and fragrance-free. These components are present keeping your entire face in mind and might be a little too brutal for your delicate eye. Not to mention, they can get into your eye and irritate it.
Even the best eye makeup remover can be ineffective if you don't use it properly. Scrubbing and washing only on the eyelids can irritate the delicate skin that is present around your eyes, lead to infections, and even cause your eyelashes to fall out. You need to be extremely gentle and ensure that you use the best eye makeup removers correctly. That’s all you need to know to effectively remove your eye makeup.