Best skin toners for men and women
Best skin toners for men and women prepares the skin to absorb the moisturizers and serum while getting rid of any excess oil and stubborn makeup and dirt leftover on your skin after you wash it. You should think of skin toners as an extra credit that can go a long way in alleviating your basic skincare regime. Although men and women can use the same skin toner, you should look for specific things that your skin suffers from. Men tend to have slightly rougher skin by nature and can achieve a smooth texture throughout with a skin toner.
To find the best skin toner that works for you, you need to keep your skin in mind. Look at the skin problems you are trying to solve first. Here are a few ingredients that will help you choose the best skin toner for your skin:
- Glycerin: Glycerin works best for dry or dehydrated skin. Glycerol or glycerin is an odourless, colourless, ingredient that is usually found in skincare products. It attracts water to your skin and moisturizes it completely. Glycerin is very effective for dry skin that suffers from eczema as well.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants work best for ageing skin. To slow the signs of ageing, you should look for a skin toner that has powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and Niacinamide or vitamin B3. Antioxidants are very popular for their ability to enhance skin texture and reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E, C, and raspberry leaf extract all are known to contain antioxidants and can have brightening and anti-ageing effects on the skin. Skin toners from the Organic Harvest range are rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin C that suits all skin types.
- Ceramides: Ceramides work best for sensitive skin types. Best skin toners for men and women who have sensitive skin may be difficult to find. However, you should choose the one that’s full of ceramides. Ceramides are fat molecules or lipids that support the skin barrier function of your skin and help it retain moisture. If your skin tends to get irritated, itches, and gets dry, it might lack ceramides. Ceramides are especially beneficial for people that have psoriasis, eczema, or skin sensitivity in general.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid works best for all skin types. If you are looking for dewier and smoother skin, a skin toner with hyaluronic acid can be perfect for you. Hyaluronic acid is very effective as an anti-wrinkle treatment. It can also help you in restoring your skin hydration and improve the overall elasticity of your skin. Just as glycerin, hyaluronic acid also works by binding water to the skin, it restores hydration and smoothens fine lines.
- Witch Hazel: Witch Hazel works best for oily and acne-prone skin. Witch hazel is a shrub found in North America. It was earlier used as a native medicine and shows properties that can treat a variety of skincare ailments ranging from dark bruises, acne, inflammation, and under-eye bags. Witch hazel is regularly found in the best skin toners for men, however, you should be careful about not getting one with a fragrance that can irritate sensitive skin. You should choose a skin toner with pure witch hazel and no added substances.
Skin toners before and after
Before using a skin toner, you should wash your face and continue with your skincare regimen as you normally would. However, remember to use a skin toner right before the moisturizing step. After applying skin toner, use a serum or a moisturizer. You will begin to feel a difference in the overall feel and look of your skin soon after regular use. Keep in mind that if you have sensitive skin, you should use it every other day and gradually train your skin for the product.
Should men use toner? Although a skin toner is not compulsory to include in your skincare regime, men can certainly benefit from a lot of things that toners offer. A nourishing toner can even be the one thing that finally helps you in achieving healthy, and clear skin. Best skin toner for men can offer you the following benefits:
- It can reduce acne and help you avoid breakouts.
- Skin toners accelerate the absorption of the moisturizer on the skin.
- They can minimize the appearance of pores and make your skin look smooth.
- Skin toners work well in restoring the pH balance of your skin.
- They can prevent ingrown hairs if used regularly.
How often should a man use toners? Best skin toners can help men in improving their skin complexion, getting rid of grime commonly missed by cleansers, tightening up the skin, and aiding moisturizers in absorption. Since men's skin tends to be a little harder on the outside, they can benefit from using a skin toner 1-2 times every day, after cleansing and before moisturizing. While women make it a habit to incorporate toners in their skincare regime, men are no exception and are susceptible to every skin problem. Therefore, they should choose one for themselves from the best skin toners available.